Somerset Bridge Limited are seeking Actuarial Analysts to join the Statistics & Actuarial function in our office in North Bristol.
The Risk Pricing team forms part of the Statistical and Actuarial function which focuses primarily on aspects such as risk models, monitoring, data evaluation and rate investigations.
The Statistics & Actuarial function provide traditional actuarial services to the insurer and broker, including pricing and reserving, as well as developing innovative statistical analysis to ensure that Somerset Bridge Group is a market leader in its field.
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute in a way that directly influences pricing and related business decisions.
Somerset Bridge Limited are commited to the professional growth and development of our colleagues, and for the succesful candidate, support in Actuarial Studies is available as well as the opportunity to cross skill in other areas such as Data Science & Retail Pricing.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Support the delivery and streamlining of ‘best practice’ pricing models and data evaluation objectives
- Expand and develop upon Gradient Boosting Machine (GBMs) and related pricing capability
- Support management and monitoring initiatives through statistical / actuarial investigations involving rate actions and impact assessments
- Support the embedment of processes and procedural documentation.
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Pricing / modelling: Emblem and Radar experience are pre-requistes for this role
- Sector: 1-2 yrs minimum experience in the insurance industry (Personal Lines, Motor preferable)
- Analytical / programming: (e.g. SAS, SQL; VB, R)
- Technical acumen: Actuarial or statistical experience
- Communication / presenting / planning skills / team player