This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
The Risk Pricing team in Somerset Bridge Limited, are seeking a pricing modelling analyst to be based in Bristol or remotely.
The Risk Pricing team, part of a larger function which includes statistical, actuarial, product management and management information, focuses on aspects such as risk models, monitoring, data evaluation and rate investigations.
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute in a way that directly influences pricing and related business decisions. You will also have a fantastic career advancing opportunity for the successful candidate with a clear progression path to an Assistant Manager.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Support the delivery and streamlining of ‘best practice’ pricing models in Emblem, and support the training and development needs of junior analysts
- Contribute towards Radar Live and Gradient Boosting Machine (GBMs) techniques
- Support management and monitoring initiatives through statistical / actuarial investigations involving rate actions and impact assessments
- Prepare reports to the required standard for internal sign-off and planning
- Support project planning initiatives
- Support the Pricing Manager and work closely with other analysts to deliver team objectives, and provide a foundation for upskilling / coaching junior analysts
- Support the embedding of best practice processes and accompanying procedures
Qualifications / Experience
- Pricing / modelling: Emblem and Radar applications
- Sector: Financial services / insurance industry
- Analytical / programming: (e.g. SAS preferable, or VB/R/SQL)
- Technical acumen: Actuarial or statistical experience
- Communication / presenting / planning skills / team player
Our full actuarial study package will be discussed at interview, although candidates that do not wish to study for the actuarial qualification are also encouraged to apply.