Somerset Bridge Ltd are looking for vibrant and outgoing individuals, with the motivation to learn and develop new skills, to join our growing Third Party Interventions Team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for individuals to join our growing team in Newcastle as Claims Handlers. The successful candidate will be responsible for intervening on third party claims were our customer is being held at fault for the accident and proactively managing the claimant through the claim process.
- Manage your own caseload of Intervention claims.
- Proactive management of the third party claim from first notification to settlement.
- Deal with our appointed suppliers and garages to achieve the optimum settlement.
- Identify potential high value claims and carry out initial investigations
- Identify claims were the claimant is injured and wishes to claim for personal injury and correctly pass these to our Personal Injury Team.
- Agree credit hire rates with Credit Hire Organisations.
- Deal with TP Insurance Companies, Claimant Lawyers and other external services providers in order to broker a good working relationship
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding and some experience of claims handling
- Attention to detail with a methodical approach
- Organised with the ability to prioritise your workload
- An ability to achieve set targets and work in a fast paced environment.
- A good team player who displays a flexible approach.
- Excellent communication skills, to include both verbal and written.
What can we offer you?
- 22 days holiday rising to a max of 27 days with each year of service
- Flexible working – there are core hours, however we can offer you flexibility; you can also accrue an extra 13 days holiday per year through our flexible working scheme. Building your up your holidays, anywhere from 35-40 days per year!
- Bonus – a quarterly bonus will be paid if you meet and excel KPI targets, this uplifts salary by a potential 10% per annum!
- A company pension scheme
- Relaxed dress code
- Wide range of social activities including subsidised Summer and Christmas parties
- Local amenity discounts
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
If you think you have what it takes to be a great addition to our team here in Newcastle, what are you waiting for?