The Operations Manager - Commercial Insurance will be responsible for managing the commercial insurance broking unit. You will be responsible for building the Commercial Insurance offering from scratch and ensuring operations are established and managed effectively, allowing the firm to achieve its mission to build a sustainable and innovative business that offers transparent insurance products.
- Successfully set up and manage the growth of the SBISL commercial insurance broking unit.
- Shape and drive the commercial insurance broking unit, by negotiating contracts, conducting required due diligence and maintaining ongoing relationships with insurance and lead providers.
- Implementing business strategy and setting operational strategies around sales, distribution, customer servicing and retention.
- Achieve all the commercial Insurance balanced score card KPI’s and drive the focus on continuous improvement to maximise efficiency and optimised allocation of resource.
- Oversee the recruitment and ongoing training and development of commercial insurance sales and service staff.
- Ensure the broking systems required for the sales distribution and servicing of commercial insurance are in place and working at optimal efficiency.
- Monitoring Quality Assurance measures to ensure regulatory compliance and customer experience adhere to regulatory and internal business standard whilst providing outstanding service for customers.
- Promoting a culture of treating customers fairly and ensuring this is applied to all consumer contact.
- Working in accordance with pre-defined regulatory, compliance and financial requirements, e.g. GDPR, Health and Safety, and the FCA
You’ll have the following skills & experience:
- Experience of management in the Commercial Insurance sector
- Prior relationships with commercial insurers and brokers.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Strategic thinking based on business objectives
- Confident, positive and resilient with a natural desire for continuous improvement
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines for distribution of commercial insurance
- Awareness of risk management and governance
- Ability and willingness to learn technical product and system processes required for the distribution of commercial insurance
- Flexibility to managing change effectively
Who We Are
We provide insurance services in the UK, specialising in private motor and commercial insurance. Through using an insight driven approach to insurance, we have established a track record of controlled and profitable growth.
We provide cover that protects against risk and gives peace of mind. Most of our motor insurance policies sold are 5 Star Rated by Defaqto and are insured by a panel of Insurers. We look to ensure that we cover what’s important to our customers, whether for car, van, bike or home insurance through to life at an affordable price.