This vacancy has now expired, and is not accepting any new applications.
The IT Service Desk Manager is expected to manage both the IT Service Desk and IT Infrastructure Operations teams. The role is both to maintain business as usual but also to develop the staff, improve service levels and provide meaningful MI in the form of monthly reporting on department performance. Our purpose is to provide a fast, functional and feature rich IT infrastructure which is both available and secure supported by a high quality service experience assisting the group in achieving its goal of building a sustainable and profitable insurance business.
- Run the Service Desk and IT Operations teams.
- Day to day management of around 15 staff.
- Monitor and supervise work queues to ensure we hit our SLA’s.
- Work with suppliers to ensure equipment arrives on time and at the right price.
- Carry out quarterly 121’s, development plans etc with all staff.
- Manage staff rota and holiday planning.
- Ensure that all scheduled tasks are completed with the correct time frame
You’ll have the following skills & experience:
- Prior experience as an IT Service Manager / Service Desk Manager or equivalent role.
- Experience working in a technical IT role.
- Continuous improvement - reviewing processes and finding efficiencies.
- Enthusiastic and be able to demonstrate this in your day to day activities
- Focused and able to work in a methodical way in a busy office environment
- Resilient and be able to overcome any obstacles in between you and your targets
- Self-motivated to achieve targets as well as being able to work alongside others as part of a team
- Proficient in communicating with people at all levels in the business.
- Maintain good quality process documents.
- Experience within and ITIL environment desirable, preferably previous experience of implementing ITIL.
Who We Are
At Somerset Bridge Group we aim to build a sustainable and innovative business focused on underwriting, broking and claims handling of UK motor insurance, offering transparent products and an efficient and fair service to our policyholders.