Somerset Bridge Ltd. are recruiting for a Claims Handler to take a senior role within the Personal Injury team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for their next step in their claims career.
The successful candidate will have significant personal injury claims handling experience, preferably in Road Traffic Accident (RTA) claims. They will have a good understanding of the personal injury aspect of claims, as well as liability and indemnity issues.
The role will consist of a small caseload of complex PI claims up to £50,000, coaching and mentoring of other claims handlers, dealing with technical referrals in line with company policy & procedures, participating in a peer group to develop more efficient and strategic working practices, completing monthly quality reviews and providing feedback.
- Investigate and proactively manage your own caseload of personal injury claims
- Review, resolve and proactively manage complex claims within technical limits
- Drive your own performance by achieving KPIs and objectives
- Motivate, coach and develop the skills of claims handlers within your team
- Strive to increase productivity and profitability within the business by suggesting different ways of working and identifying potential problems
- Keep abreast of developments across the wider personal injury and claims market
- Support your Team Manager with the technical development and performance management of the team
- Participate in project work across the business as required
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Currently employed within the PI area with substantial experience of managing a PI caseload
- Achieving KPIs and objectives at current level
- Ability to work proactively and to tight deadlines and to take ownership for your own work
- Sound technical knowledge of PI, litigation, liability and indemnity
- Proven record of adhering to company handling authorities and following referral processes
What WE can offer YOU…
22 days holiday rising to a max of 27 days with each year of service
Flexible working – there are core hours, however we can offer you flexibility; you can also accrue an extra 13 days holiday per year through our flexible working scheme. Building your up your holidays, anywhere from 35-40 days per year!
Bonus – a quarterly bonus will be paid if you meet and excel KPI targets, this uplifts salary by a potential 10% per annum!
A company pension scheme
Relaxed dress code
Wide range of social activities including subsidised Summer and Christmas parties
Local amenity discounts
Cycle to work scheme
If you think you have what it takes to be a great addition to our team here in Newcastle, what are you waiting for?