Somerset Bridge Limited, Risk Pricing Team (Bristol North), are seeking a modelling analyst to be based in Bristol or remotely.
The Risk Pricing team, part of a large division including statistical, actuarial, product management and management information, comprises 5 analysts who focus on aspects such as risk models, monitoring, data evaluation and rate investigations. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute in a way that directly influences pricing and related business decisions; this will also be about your development and ability to acquire / contribute essential pricing techniques / acumen.
- Support the delivery and streamlining of ‘best practice’ pricing models in Emblem
- Contribute towards Radar Live and Gradient Boosting Machine (GBMs) techniques
- Support management and monitoring initiatives through statistical / actuarial investigations involving rate actions and impact assessments
- Prepare reports to the required standard for internal sign-off and planning
- Support project planning initiatives
- Support the Pricing Manager and work closely with other analysts to deliver team objectives
- Support the embedment of ‘best practice’ processes and accompanying procedures
- Pricing / modelling: Emblem (essential) and Radar (Desirable)
- Sector: Insurance / financial services industry
- Analytical / programming: (e.g. SAS preferable, or VB/R/SQ)
- Technical acumen: Actuarial or statistical experience
- Communication / presenting / planning skills / team player
Our full actuarial study package will be discussed at interview, although candidates that do not wish to study for the actuarial qualification are also encouraged to apply.
Somerset Bridge Limited provides statistical, actuarial and accounting support, under a Managing General Agent, to a Gibraltar based motor insurer and the Eldon group of companies (including broker sales).
Products are sold under brands such as Go Skippy, Debenhams and iGO4.
The Statistics & Actuarial team provide traditional actuarial services to the insurer and broker, including pricing and reserving, as well as developing innovative statistical analysis to ensure that the group is a market leader in its field.
Somerset Bridge is based in north Bristol with close links to group companies in Newcastle, Southampton, Gibraltar and South Africa.