The Risk Pricing team in Somerset Bridge Limited, are seeking a modelling expert to support the wider team in technical areas, to be based in Bristol or potentially remotely. There is potential to take on some management responsibility now or in the near future or if specialising without management is more attractive that is possible. Both options provide a fantastic opportunity to progress and lead the technical direction of the team.
This team forms part of a larger function which includes statistical, actuarial, product management and management information, focuses on aspects such as risk models, monitoring, data evaluation and rate investigations.
This is an excellent opportunity to contribute in a way that directly influences pricing and related business decisions.
- Support the delivery and streamlining of ‘best practice’ pricing models in Emblem, and support the training and development needs of junior analysts
- Contribute towards Radar Live and Gradient Boosting Machine (GBMs) techniques
- Support management and monitoring initiatives through statistical / actuarial investigations involving rate actions and impact assessments
- Prepare reports to the required standard for internal sign-off and planning
- Support project planning initiatives
- Support the Pricing Manager and work closely with other analysts to deliver team objectives, and provide a foundation for upskilling / coaching junior analysts, with potential for direct reporting lines depending on the candidate
- Support the embedding of best practice processes and accompanying procedures
You’ll have the following skills & experience:
- Pricing / modelling: Emblem (5+ years experience)
- Sector: General insurance
- Analytical / programming: (e.g. SAS preferable, or VB/R/SQL)
- Technical acumen: Actuarial or statistical experience
- Communication / presenting / planning skills / team player
Our full actuarial study package will be discussed at interview, although candidates that do not wish to study for the actuarial qualification are also encouraged to apply.
Who We Are
We operate within an MGA structure that shares risk amongst a panel of reinsurance and partners with entities that include insurance, underwriting, and claims handling specialists. Most of our motor insurance policies sold are 5* rated by Defaqto and are sold via our Broker partners. We are part of a wider group of insurance-based businesses.