We have a fantastic opportunity for an ACCA or ACA Internal Auditor to join us here at Somerset Bridge Group. Within this role you will carry out file audits, as required by the Senior Management Team, and make your recommendations for improvements in line with current business objectives. You will look to provide assurance to the Audit Committee of the effectiveness of the internal controls within the group.
- Deliver risk-based audits in line with the annual audit plan, taking responsibility for individual assignments from planning through to the issuing of audit reports, seeking support from the Senior Internal Auditor as required
- Contribute to the development of robust management assurance processes
- Provide the relevant input to the Internal Audit Consultant to enable accurate reporting to the audit committee
- Manage internal and external audit and business relationships
- Complete monthly audits in line with business objectives
- Follow up on outstanding audit points
- Produce a comprehensive audit report on findings from each audit highlighting trends and recommending improvements
- Give formative and motivational feedback in a positive clear and concise manner.
- Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities and solutions.
- Report outcome of Audit to Team Managers, Controllers and Senior Managers
You’ll have the following skills & experience:
- ACCA or ACA qualified
- Experience of auditing and developing audits
- Experience of analysing a variety of data trends
- Proven track record in report writing
- Understanding legislation and legal liability.
- Negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload and meet deadlines
- Communication skills at all levels of the organisation
- Proactively builds relationships with internal and external networks
- Problem identification and solution skills
Who We Are
At Somerset Bridge Group we aim to build a sustainable and innovative business focused on underwriting, broking and claims handling of UK motor insurance, offering transparent products and an efficient and fair service to our policy holders.
Based in our Cribbs Causeway, Bristol office 2 days a week, 3 from home.