We are looking to add an IT Infrastructure Operations Manager to our growing team here at Somerset Bridge. The team are passionate about IT and pride themselves on outstanding service and fantastic communication.
As IT Infrastructure Operations Manager you will be responsible for the technical management of the groups IT infrastructure and management of the IT Infrastructure Operations team. This role is the most senior technical resource within the team and will act as top-level escalation for the most serious issues and contributor to design and elements of the strategic vision for the department.
- Leads and manages the Infrastructure Operations team (3 staff) to deliver efficient, effective and customer focussed support and management services, maintains all operational IT systems.
- Senior technical resource for escalation of operational IT issues.
- Proactive daily monitoring of the infrastructure, ensuring availability, performance and capacity.
- Providing input to project design and completing cost proposals for business requirements.
- Overseeing and ensuring the groups infrastructure has appropriate support contracts in place on all production Hardware and Software.
- Overseeing and ensuring that the groups infrastructure is up to date with the latest software and security patches available.
- Ensuring that appropriate security controls are in place to protect the business from Cyber threats.
- Ensuring that appropriate documentation is created and maintained to allow for efficient management of the infrastructure and to enable effective collaboration with the wider IT team.
- Leading technical response during any major IT incident.
- Senior liaison with Outsourced SOC.
You’ll have the following skills & experience:
Thorough knowledge of;
- Virtualisation technologies in particular from the VMWare stack.
- Storage Area Networks, ideally with experience of Pure Storage.
- LAN, WAN, WLAN, MPLS Networking technologies. Ideally experience with Extreme Networks Switches.
- Firewalls, ideally Palo Alto
- Windows Server, in particular Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, IIS, File and Print Sharing, Remote Desktop Services.
- Microsoft Exchange, Exchange Online, and Email security services.
- Microsoft Azure/O365 Products.
- Backup technologies, ideally Commvault.
What we offer you
- Hybrid working, 2 days office based & 3 from home
- Life Assurance, 4 x salary
- 100’s of exclusive retailer discounts
- Professional wellbeing and fitness app
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Xmas and Summer parties, fully funded
- Staff appreciation events
- Community support day