Somerset Bridge Ltd is looking for a Quality Assurance and Audit Manager. The QA manager will ensure that independent assurance is maintained, and appropriate standards are met, the internal audit schedule is delivered, and complaints are managed to an effective outcome, in-line with FCA guidance.
The role involves working closely with Somerset Bridge Limited management team, providing support and guidance where necessary. Managing a team, you will mentor and lead by example, ensure the team performs to the highest standards. This is a new role within SBL and an excellent opportunity to develop how SBL identifies risks and influences positive change within the business.
- Managing a team including complaints handlers, Internal audit and quality assurance specialists
- Project work and involvement in business improvement initiatives
- Overall management of the audit schedule, ensuring completion of actions
- Support how we demonstrate adherence to our own quality framework, internal practices and procedures.
- Complete regular 1-2-1’s and develop your team
- Final sign off on complaints and final response letters
Key Skills Required:
- Demonstrable experience or understanding of risk, control and internal audit practices.
- Good understanding of complaints and complaints handling within financial services
- Proven experience in developing strong stakeholder relationships at different seniority levels.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive approach to work and self-motivated
- Strong analytical and report writing skills.
- Strong time management and project management skills to ensure work is delivered on time, to budget and to the expected quality.
- Demonstrable ability to apply sound judgement
- Review and interpret operational data
What can we offer you?
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days with each year of service, rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Flexible working – we can offer you flexibility; you can also accrue an extra 13 days holiday per year through our flexible working scheme. Building up your holidays, anywhere from 35-40 days per year!
- Bonus – a quarterly bonus will be paid if you excel in your KPI targets, this uplifts salary by a potential 10% per annum!
- Hybrid working – 3 days from home and 2 in the office
- Market leading training and career progression
- Events – Staff appreciation, Christmas & summer parties and community support day
- Life Assurance, 4 x salary
- 100’s of exclusive retailer discounts
- Enhanced parental leave
- Professional Wellbeing, health & fitness app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers