Somerset Bridge Group are looking for a Senior Analyst to join the retail pricing team. The successful candidate will support the continuing implementation of market leading optimisation practices, predictive modelling approaches and life time value modelling. They must be able to use this insight to inform pricing strategy and achieve key business objectives.
The successful candidate must have a minimum of three years’ experience working in analytical role for a General, ideally Private Motor, Insurer. They must also have extensive experience of industry-wide pricing software such as Emblem, Radar or Earnix.
We operate a hybrid working model, 2 days office and 3 from home with flexibility to consider remote and more flexible options.
Within the Retail team you will be working on:
- Focus on customer price optimisation for car insurance.
- Continuous feedback / improvement of the lifetime value price optimisation framework.
- Maximisation of lifetime value allowing for many aspects of business: Models of price elasticity, multi-year claims performance, broker finance income, broker loads, MTA propensity, cancellation propensity, renewal propensity, market price models, more general demand models etc.
- Use of machine learning methods to create models using large sets of data and many variables.
- Lots of moving parts to understand, forecast, monitor, and try to control.
- Experience in some or all of the following: Statistical modelling / data science / machine learning / Pricing / Statistics / Coding / Optimisation .
- Skills within any of the following – Emblem / Radar / R / Python / Anaconda / Earnix or other modelling/optimisation software.
- Good understanding of the UK private motor market desirable.
- Appreciation for the implications of the FCA’s pricing practices remedy highly beneficial.
- Good communication skills.
- Problem solving mindset.
- Ability to understand complex issues and deal with uncertainty.
- A desire to support business growth targets and wider objectives.
- Able to generate independent ideas and solutions and gain team and stakeholder support.
- Highly numerical.
Support for formal qualifications related to the role is available.
What we offer you
- Hybrid working, 2 days office based & 3 from home
- Life Assurance, 4 x salary
- Annual Bonus
- 100’s of exclusive retailer discounts
- Professional wellbeing and fitness app
- 25% off car insurance
- 20% off travel insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Time off for IVF appointments
- Cycle to work scheme
- Xmas and Summer parties, fully funded
- Staff appreciation events
- Community support day