We are recruiting for a Team Manager to lead, mentor and develop a team of Claims Handlers. As well as being a great people manager, you’ll also need to be passionate about delivering high quality and cost-effective service to our customers in accordance with company policy.
If you have the leadership skills and drive that we’re looking for, we can offer you a unique opportunity to grow and develop your career.
- Provide leadership to a team of claims staff
- Drive the team to achieve targets and ultimately operational goals
- Motivate your team and provide them with all the support they need to deliver a first-class customer service
- Be responsible for line management duties, including coaching and performance reviews
- Build levels of technical competence in staff
- Actively participate in projects
- Increase productivity and ensure claims costs are managed and KPIs are enhanced and achieved
- Deputise for the Claims Controller
- Proactive management of complaints
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Resource planning and managing workflows
- Excellent organisation skills, with an ability to work to tight timescales
- A passion for delivering outstanding customer service
What can we offer you?
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to a maximum of 27 with each year of service and 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Hybrid working – 3 days from home and 2 in the office
- Bonus – a quarterly bonus will be paid if you excel in your KPI targets, this uplifts salary by a potential 10% per annum!
- Enhanced maternity and paternity packages
- Flexible working – we can offer you flexibility; you can also accrue an extra 13 days holiday per year through our flexible working scheme. Building up your holidays, anywhere from 35-40 days per year!
- Life Assurance - 4 x salary
- 100s of SBG exclusive retailer discounts
- Professional Wellbeing, Health & Fitness app
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Cash incentive for employee referrals
- Events – Staff appreciation, Christmas & summer parties and community support day