Somerset Bridge Limited are a thriving, fast-paced business with an agile mindset and a desire to grow. If this sounds like an environment where you would excel, we are currently recruiting an In-House Motor Engineer to operate from home and in the Newcastle office.
A key part of this role will be collaborating closely internally with our claims teams to ensure we offer customers a great claims journey, offering guidance and expert support. The ideal candidate will be able to balance their workload, have a good awareness of the marketplace and the ability to communicate with people internally and externally to a high standard.
- Carry out desk-based vehicle inspections
- Confirm viability of vehicle repair, through valuations, control of repair costs and using
- the correct repair methods
- Liaise with other departments and suppliers
- Report on and investigate any areas of potential fraud
- Provide technical advice and support to claims teams
- Manage and control total loss settlement valuations
- Support and develop claims handlers
- Support the SBL to meet financial objectives and goals
- Support the IHE team manager in day-to-day tasks, including inductions sessions
- Applicants must have City & Guilds/HNC or equivalent qualifications in a motor vehicle related subject and be members of, or qualify for membership of, the IMI or IRTE and be studying or prepared to study for membership of the IAEA.
- Proven experience of working in a motor vehicle estimating/motor engineering environment
- Knowledge of Audatex and other computerised estimating systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of motor vehicles, up to date repair techniques and estimating methods
- Have an understanding of correct vehicle repair methods
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and flexible but able to work as part of a team
- Experience of dealing with customers whether face to face or by telephone
Desirable but not essential
- Previous experience working in an insurance or claims environment
- AQP Qualified or willing to work towards the same
- Knowledge of Insurance Principles & Practices. Types of cover, limit of liability, policy wording and terms.
- Commercial vehicle and/or fleet experience
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days with each year of service, rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Flexible working – we can offer you flexibility; you can also accrue an extra 13 days holiday per year through our flexible working scheme. Building up your holidays, anywhere from 35-40 days per year!
- Bonus – a quarterly bonus will be paid if you excel in your KPI targets, this uplifts salary by a potential 10% per annum!
- Hybrid working – 3 days from home and 2 in the office
- Market leading training and career progression
- Events – Staff appreciation, Christmas & summer parties and community support day
- Life Assurance, 4 x salary
- 100’s of exclusive retailer discounts
- Enhanced parental leave
- Professional Wellbeing, health & fitness app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers