We are seeking four keen graduates to join our growing team in Newcastle. The role will allow you to gain complete knowledge of the insurance claims function within Somerset Bridge where, alongside your personal mentor, you will cover every aspect of motor claims handling. Applications are open to all graduates regardless of degree, although subjects including Finance, Law, Risk Management, Business or Analytics are preferred.
You will be supported and sponsored to complete your diploma in Insurance through Chartered Insurance Institute exams. This will provide you with a gateway to all other sectors within the insurance industry. You will also be offered the opportunity to complete Team Manager Development training.
As part of the 2-year rotation you will receive a £1,000 increase each year. Giving you a salary of £24,500 at the end of the 2 years.
Are you a graduate who has:
- Completed their degree within the last 2 years
- Achieved a grade of either 2:2 or above
- Strong negotiating skills
- A willingness to learn and be challenged
- Strong analytical thinking
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work proactively and to tight deadlines and to take ownership for your own work
- Strong attention to detail
What we can offer you:
- Support and sponsorship to complete your Diploma in Insurance through the Chartered Insurance Institute exams (CII), providing a gateway to all sectors within the insurance industry
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days with each year of service, rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Flexible working – we can offer you flexibility; you can also accrue an extra 13 days holiday per year through our flexible working scheme. Building up your holidays, anywhere from 35-40 days per year!
- Annual Bonus
- Hybrid working – 3 days from home and 2 in the office
- Market leading training and career progression
- Events – Staff appreciation, Christmas & summer parties and community support day
- Life Assurance, 4 x salary
- 25% Car Insurance Discount
- 20% Travel Insurance Discount
- 100’s of exclusive retailer discounts
- Enhanced parental leave, including time off for IVF appointments
- Professional Wellbeing, health & fitness app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
If you think you have the right skills to be a great addition to our team here in Newcastle, please apply below…