Somerset Bridge Ltd are looking for Personal Injury Claims Handlers to join our growing team in central Newcastle.
The ideal candidate will be confident and clear on the phone, possess the ability to investigate claims thoroughly, record information correctly and use their negotiation skills to resolve any disputes. We are seeking individuals with previous experience in a similar role, and who have a sound understanding of PI claims, as well as indemnity and liability arguments.
- Investigating and proactively managing your own caseload of personal injury claims
- Provide excellent customer service and negotiate with insurers and solicitors on quantum and liability
- Achieve cost efficient conclusions
- Ability to identify any potential fraud by using the fraud indicators
- Build strong professional relationships with colleagues and clients
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous experience in handling Personal Injury claims is essential
- Be prepared to undertake a Personal Development Plan in all aspects of PI Claims Handling
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good understanding of indemnity and liability arguments
- Ability to work proactively and to tight deadlines and to take ownership for your own work
- An understanding and experience of Credit Hire case handling
- Strong attention to detail
- You must be organised with the ability to prioritise your workload
- Some knowledge of court procedures
What we can offer you…
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days with each year of service, rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Flexible working – we can offer you flexibility; you can also accrue an extra 13 days holiday per year through our flexible working scheme. Building up your holidays, anywhere from 35-40 days per year!
- Bonus – a quarterly bonus will be paid if you excel in your KPI targets, this uplifts salary by a potential 10% per annum!
- Hybrid working – 3 days from home and 2 in the office
- Market leading training and career progression
- Events – Staff appreciation, Christmas & summer parties and community support day
- Life Assurance, 4 x salary
- 100’s of exclusive retailer discounts
- Enhanced parental leave, including time off for IVF appointments
- 25% Car Insurance Discount
- 20% Travel Insurance Discount
- Professional Wellbeing, health & fitness app
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
If you think you have the potential to be a great addition to the team here in Newcastle, please submit your application for consideration.