We are recruiting for a Junior – Midweight Graphic Designer to join our Design team in Cribbs Causeway, Bristol. Working alongside the Design Lead and Senior Designers, you’ll bring experience of both print and digital design mediums, creating engaging and unique designs for our clients and internal brand. You will be able to work on your own and as part of a team to deliver challenging projects using best practice and to often tight timescales.
You’ll be passionate about design, interested in developing your skills and able to communicate with clients in different ways to understand their requirements.
- To provide highly creative and conceptual designs in line with the design brief
- Have the ability to work within a team and individually
- To provide creative input when involved in new projects, concepts, and proposals
- Responsible for the quality & execution to ensure they meet the brief, specifications and brand guidelines
- To attend client briefings as required in a professional manner
- To ensure all day-to-day work is of the highest calibre
- To keep up to date with all creative technologies and industry trends
- A self-motivated individual that takes ownership of their work
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Design role
- A keen eye for attention to detail
- A visual problem solver
- A passionate team player, who is idea driven with the capability to deliver their concepts with pride and passion
- Confident in presenting creative work
- A strong understanding of the full design process from concept to finalisation
- A keen eye for creative layouts with a strong understanding of typography
- Ability to work across a range of disciplines from print to digital, be equally happy working on creative typographical layouts and presentations
- Experience in the Adobe Creative Suite, with sound knowledge of print processes
- Comfortable working under pressure and asking the team for assistance when needed
- Experience working with brands and adhering to guidelines, you will be able to turn your hand to most tasks, and know the best way to complete them
- You will have some experience in digital design and social media campaigns
- Intermediate in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience in one of these programmes is desirable: Adobe XD, After Effects and/or Premier Pro.
- Hybrid working - 2 days working in the office and 3 days from home
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days over 2 years service and 30 days after 5 years service. Not including bank holidays
- Life Assurance - 4 times your salary
- 100s of exclusive retail discounts
- Professional wellbeing and fitness app - Wrkit
- Car insurance discount
- Travel insurance discount
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced parental leave, including time off for IVF appointments
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee referral scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Summer and Christmas party
Working at SBG
At Somerset Bridge Group we aim to build a sustainable and innovative business focused on underwriting, broking and claims handling of UK motor insurance, offering transparent products and an efficient and fair service to our policy holders.
We are very proud to have been awarded a Silver Accreditation from Investors in People! We recognise that all of our people contribute to our success. That's why we are always looking for talented people to join our team - people who share our vision, who are passionate about what they do, and who want to be part of something special.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Somerset Bridge Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic factors or other characteristics protected by law. SBG makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, skills and business requirements.