Somerset Bridge Ltd. are recruiting for a Claims Handler to take a senior role within the Personal Injury team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for their next step in their claims career.
The successful candidate will have significant personal injury claims handling experience, preferably in Road Traffic Accident (RTA) claims. They will have a good understanding of the personal injury aspect of claims, as well as liability and indemnity issues.
The role will consist of a small caseload of complex PI claims up to £50,000, coaching and mentoring of other claims handlers, dealing with technical referrals in line with company policy & procedures, participating in a peer group to develop more efficient and strategic working practices, completing monthly quality reviews and providing feedback.
- Investigate and proactively manage your own caseload of personal injury claims
- Review, resolve and proactively manage complex claims within technical limits
- Drive your own performance by achieving KPIs and objectives
- Motivate, coach and develop the skills of claims handlers within your team
- Strive to increase productivity and profitability within the business by suggesting different ways of working and identifying potential problems
- Keep abreast of developments across the wider personal injury and claims market
- Support your Team Manager with the technical development and performance management of the team
- Participate in project work across the business as required
- Currently employed within the PI area with substantial experience of managing a PI caseload
- Achieving KPIs and objectives at current level
- Ability to work proactively and to tight deadlines and to take ownership for your own work
- Sound technical knowledge of PI, litigation, liability and indemnity
- Proven record of adhering to company handling authorities and following referral processes
- Hybrid working – 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days over 2 years’ service and 30 days after 5 years’ service. Plus bank holidays!
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Pension scheme – 5% employee, 6% employer
- Flexible working – we will always consider applications for those who require less than the advertised hours
- Healthcare Cash Plan – claim cashback on a variety of everyday healthcare costs
- 100’s of exclusive retailer discounts
- Professional wellbeing, health & fitness app - Wrkit
- Enhanced parental leave, including time off for IVF appointments
- Religious bank holidays – if you don’t celebrate Christmas and Easter, you can use these annual leave days on other occasions throughout the year.
- Life Assurance - 4 times your salary
- 25% Car Insurance Discount
- 20% Travel Insurance Discount
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Community support day
- Christmas and Summer parties
Working at SBG
At Somerset Bridge Group we aim to build a sustainable and innovative business focused on underwriting, broking and claims handling of UK motor insurance, offering transparent products and an efficient and fair service to our policy holders.
We are very proud to have been awarded a Silver Accreditation from Investors in People! We recognise that all of our people contribute to our success. That's why we are always looking for talented people to join our team - people who share our vision, who are passionate about what they do, and who want to be part of something special.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Somerset Bridge Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic factors or other characteristics protected by law. SBG makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, skills and business requirements.