We are recruiting for a fraud claims handler to take a role within our claims investigation team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for their next step in their claims career.
The successful candidate will have experience in high value credit hire and personal injury claims handling, preferably in RTA claims. They will have a good understanding of not only the personal injury aspect of claims but of liability and indemnity issues.
The role will consist of a caseload of complex PI, credit hire and suspected fraudulent claims up to £50,000, dealing with claims in line with company policy & procedures, participating in a peer group to develop more efficient and strategic working practices.
- Responsible for review of newly identified potential fraud cases.
- Produce summary fraud case plans/strategy documents on all appropriate cases.
- Appointment of investigation service providers to ensure a prompt and efficient investigation is undertaken.
- Liaise and work closely with Panel solicitors on pre and post litigated cases.
- Work in conjunction with the Intelligence Analyst on syndicates cases to ensure maximized use of intelligence.
- Maintenance of fraud data capture system(s) including internal tracking systems.
- Assist in supplying timely and accurate response to requests for information from law enforcement and third party agencies/insurers.
- Responsible for ad-hoc provision of training for teams within the business.
- Referral point for handlers on ad-hoc basis relating to fraud and indemnity matters from other department.
- Provision of support to the Analyst on an ad-hoc basis.
- Handing of all cases within aligned handling authorities referring where appropriate.
- Taking ownership for conducting self-analysis for continued self-development.
- Experience of investigation within an insurer or similar organisation
- Experience of claims handling up to and including Personal Injury
- Track record of handling fraud and indemnity referrals to settlement
- Knowledge of insurance fraud and other forms of financial crime
- High degree of competence in the use of on-line search facilities (e.g. 192.com, Cache Minder, MIAFTR, Google, etc)
- Familiarity with the relevant processes and data requirements of external / law enforcement stakeholders
- Understanding of policy cover
- Understanding of CPR / MOJ
- Litigation procedures and protocols
- Knowledge of claims agreements
- Understanding of industry standards and protocols
- Understanding of legislation and legal liability
- Understanding of fraud investigation methods and defence tactics
- Hybrid working – 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days over 2 years’ service and 30 days after 5 years’ service. Plus bank holidays!
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Pension scheme – 5% employee, 6% employer
- Flexible working – we will always consider applications for those who require less than the advertised hours
- Healthcare Cash Plan – claim cashback on a variety of everyday healthcare costs
- 100’s of exclusive retailer discounts
- Professional wellbeing, health & fitness app - Wrkit
- Enhanced parental leave, including time off for IVF appointments
- Religious bank holidays – if you don’t celebrate Christmas and Easter, you can use these annual leave days on other occasions throughout the year.
- Life Assurance - 4 times your salary
- 25% Car Insurance Discount
- 20% Travel Insurance Discount
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Community support day
- Christmas and Summer parties
Working at SBG
At Somerset Bridge Group we aim to build a sustainable and innovative business focused on underwriting, broking and claims handling of UK motor insurance, offering transparent products and an efficient and fair service to our policy holders.
We are very proud to have been awarded a Silver Accreditation from Investors in People! We recognise that all of our people contribute to our success. That's why we are always looking for talented people to join our team - people who share our vision, who are passionate about what they do, and who want to be part of something special.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Somerset Bridge Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic factors or other characteristics protected by law. SBG makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, skills and business requirements.