The Complaints Handler will offer the customer a resolution to their complaint via written, e-mail and telephony channels whilst providing excellent service at all times following inception of the policy, resulting in clients wishing to renew with us and thus increase profitability.
Responsible for handling and successfully resolving complaints, the ideal candidate must be focused on delivering an excellent level of customer service providing a complete investigation and endeavour to agree a suitable resolution.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service and sales
- Ensuring that every customer is treated fairly, and with the high level of customer service we expect
- Have a highly developed interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport
- Ability to handle a high workload in an organised manner and to have an excellent standard within strict deadlines
- Be able to identify the root cause of a complaint and ensure the correct action is taken to prevent similar complaints in the future
- To provide timely and accurate reporting and feedback
- To constantly seek to improve the quality of the service we provide by developing new approaches and techniques
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent written communication skills
- Prioritise deadlines and targets
- Outstanding communication, negotiation, and resolution skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident and self-motivated team player, who works as well with others as by themselves
- Ability to be fair and impartial, whilst displaying empathy for the customers
- Hybrid working – 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days over 2 years’ service and 30 days after 5 years’ service. Plus bank holidays!
- Pension scheme – 5% employee, 6% employer
- 100’s of exclusive retailer discounts
- Professional wellbeing, health & fitness app - Wrkit
- Enhanced parental leave, including time off for IVF appointment
- Life Assurance - 4 times your salary
- 25% Car Insurance Discount
- 20% Travel Insurance Discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee referral scheme
- Community support day
- Christmas and Summer parties
Working at SBG
At Somerset Bridge Group we aim to build a sustainable and innovative business focused on underwriting, broking and claims handling of UK motor insurance, offering transparent products and an efficient and fair service to our policy holders.
We are very proud to have been awarded a Silver Accreditation from Investors in People! We recognise that all of our people contribute to our success. That's why we are always looking for talented people to join our team - people who share our vision, who are passionate about what they do, and who want to be part of something special.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Somerset Bridge Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic factors or other characteristics protected by law. SBG makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, skills and business requirements.