Somerset Bridge Group are currently recruiting for an Actuarial Analyst to sit in our Reserving and Reinsurance team. The team works with various stakeholders around the business, including Pricing and Underwriting, Finance and Claims.
We operate a hybrid working model, 2 days office and 3 from home.
Opportunity to work in an expanding team in a varied role including some of the following:
- Internal reserve reviews
- In-depth analysis on the portfolio
- Ad hoc analyses related to pricing or reserving
- Reinsurance analysis and presentations
- Process evaluation and efficiency improvements
- Actuarial or statistical experience, preferably within Reserving, will consider candidates from a Pricing background (5+ years)
- Ideally experience of the UK motor insurance market
- Degree in a numerate subject
- Understanding of general insurance concepts
- Highly proficient user of Excel and other MS Office tools
- Coding experience – ideally SAS or SQL
- Good communication and planning skills
- Enthusiasm to deliver and learn
- Actuarial study package available (keep this extra to the standard benefits)
- Hybrid working – 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days over 2 years’ service and 30 days after 5 years’ service. Plus bank holidays!
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Pension scheme – 5% employee, 6% employer
- Flexible working – we will always consider applications for those who require less than the advertised hours
- Healthcare Cash Plan – claim cashback on a variety of everyday healthcare costs
- 100’s of exclusive retailer discounts
- Professional wellbeing, health & fitness app - Wrkit
- Enhanced parental leave, including time off for IVF appointments
- Religious bank holidays – if you don’t celebrate Christmas and Easter, you can use these annual leave days on other occasions throughout the year.
- Life Assurance - 4 times your salary
- 25% Car Insurance Discount
- 20% Travel Insurance Discount
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Community support day
- Christmas and Summer parties
Working at SBG
At Somerset Bridge Group we aim to build a sustainable and innovative business focused on underwriting, broking and claims handling of UK motor insurance, offering transparent products and an efficient and fair service to our policy holders.
We are very proud to have been awarded a Silver Accreditation from Investors in People! We recognise that all of our people contribute to our success. That's why we are always looking for talented people to join our team - people who share our vision, who are passionate about what they do, and who want to be part of something special.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Somerset Bridge Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic factors or other characteristics protected by law. SBG makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, skills and business requirements.