Somerset Bridge Group are looking for several Actuarial Analysts with varying levels of experience to join either the risk or retail pricing team. These are fantastic opportunities if you have experience in complex modelling and solving problems with a variety of approaches including machine learning. The successful candidate may have some experience with any of the following, but more importantly a desire to develop your skills on the job; Emblem, Radar, Earnix, Python, R, Anaconda or other modelling/optimisation software.
We operate a hybrid working model, 2 days office and 3 from home.
Within the Retail team you will be working on:
- Focus on customer price optimisation for car insurance.
- Continuous feedback / improvement of the lifetime value price optimisation framework.
- Maximisation of lifetime value allowing for many aspects of business: Models of price elasticity, multi-year claims performance, broker finance income, broker loads, MTA propensity, cancellation propensity, renewal propensity, market price models, more general demand models etc.
- Use of machine learning methods to create models using large sets of data and many variables
- Lots of moving parts to understand, forecast, monitor, and try to control.
Within the Risk team you will be working on:
- Support the delivery and streamlining of ‘best practice’ pricing models in Emblem
- Contribute towards Radar Live and Gradient Boosting Machine (GBMs) techniques
- Support management and monitoring initiatives through statistical / actuarial investigations involving rate actions and impact assessments
- Risk models, monitoring, data evaluation and rate investigations.
- Experience in any of the following: Statistical modelling / data science / machine learning / Pricing / Statistics / Coding / Optimisation
- Some skills within any of the following – Emblem / Radar / R / Python / Anaconda / Earnix or other modelling/optimisation software.
- Good communication skills
- Problem solving mindset
- Ability to understand complex issues and deal with uncertainty
- Genuine interest in this sort of work
- Highly numerical
Support for formal qualifications related to the role is available.
What we offer you
- Hybrid working, 2 days office based & 3 from home
- Life Assurance, 4 x salary
- Annual Bonus
- 100’s of exclusive retailer discounts
- Professional wellbeing and fitness app
- Enhanced parental leave
- Time off for IVF appointments
- Cycle to work scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Xmas and Summer parties, fully funded
- Staff appreciation events
- Community support day