A fantastic full-time opportunity for individuals to join our growing team in Newcastle as Claims Handlers working for Somerset Bridge Ltd, part of Somerset Bridge Group.
We are looking for vibrant and outgoing individuals with the motivation to learn and develop new skills, to join our growing FNOL Team in Newcastle – no call centre or insurance experience necessary!
This role is a fantastic opportunity for individuals looking to get their foot in the door with a progressive and successful company, where you will be fully trained and have opportunities to progress.
Skills and Qualities:
- Empathetic and understanding towards others
- Ability to build genuine rapport
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills – be confident and happy on the phone
- A strong level of common sense
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous customer service experience is beneficial
- Obtain full circumstances of a claim, gathering all required information and recording this accurately on the relevancy system/database
- Identify when there is an opportunity to recover an outlay
- Identify material discrepancies and understand the follow up processes
- Fast track any potential high value claims to the correct teams
- Being able to appoint correct partners to maximise hire and personal injury conversion
Why Somerset Bridge Group?
Everything we do is guided by placing customers at the core of our business and managing risk on their behalf. We are focused on continuous improvement and are committed to developing products and services that best meet our policyholder needs at affordable prices.
Our key focus on continuous improvement, right first-time approach to processes and reinvestment of profits have enabled the Group to establish a track record of controlled and profitable growth and will enable us to realise the future opportunities that exist in the UK insurance market.
We are a fast growing, agile & integrated direct insurance group with market leading claims handling, advanced risk selection though strong analytics and data science expertise.
- 22 days holiday rising to a max of 27 days with each year of service
- Flexible working – you will need to be in the business between the core hours of 10am-4pm, however we can offer flexibility; you will also have the ability to accrue an extra 13 days holiday per annum through the flexible working scheme on offer
- Free tea, coffee and fruit
- Casual dress every day
- Wide range of social activities including subsidised Summer and Christmas party
- Discounts available on Go Skippy Products
- Support with professional qualification (subject to successful completion of your probation)
- Life Assurance
- Local amenity discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Competitive quarterly bonus for claims staff (T&C’s apply)