Somerset Bridge Ltd are looking for Personal Injury Claims Handlers to join our growing team in central Newcastle.
The ideal candidate will be confident and clear on the phone, possess the ability to investigate claims thoroughly, record information correctly and use their negotiation skills to resolve any disputes.
We are seeking individuals with previous experience in a similar role, and who have a sound understanding of PI claims, as well as indemnity and liability arguments.
- Investigating and proactively managing your own caseload of personal injury claims
- Provide excellent customer service and negotiate with insurers and solicitors on quantum and liability
- Achieve cost efficient conclusions
- Ability to identify any potential fraud by using the fraud indicators
- Build strong professional relationships with colleagues and clients
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Previous experience in handling Personal Injury claims is essential
- Be prepared to undertake a Personal Development Plan in all aspects of PI Claims Handling
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good understanding of indemnity and liability arguments
- Ability to work proactively and to tight deadlines and to take ownership for your own work
- An understanding and experience of Credit Hire case handling
- Strong attention to detail
- You must be organised with the ability to prioritise your workload
- Some knowledge of court procedures
What WE can offer YOU…
22 days holiday rising to a max of 27 days with each year of service
Flexible working – there are core hours, however we can offer you flexibility; you can also accrue an extra 13 days holiday per year through our flexible working scheme. Building your up your holidays, anywhere from 35-40 days per year!
Bonus – a quarterly bonus will be paid if you meet and excel KPI targets, this uplifts salary by a potential 10% per annum!
A company pension scheme
Relaxed dress code
Wide range of social activities including subsidised Summer and Christmas parties
Local amenity discounts
Cycle to work scheme
If you think you have what it takes to be a great addition to our team here in Newcastle, what are you waiting for?