Somerset Bridge Ltd. are recruiting for a vibrant and outgoing individual with the motivation to learn and develop new skills, to join our growing Third Party Team as a Senior Claims Handler.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for candidates looking to join a progressive and successful company, where you will be fully trained and have opportunities to develop.
As part of this role, you will work alongside a team of inspiring and hardworking individuals, managing your own caseload from new claim stage to settlement.
- Full and proactive investigations into liability
- Accurate assessment of quantum and carry out negotiations in order to reach optimum settlement
- Establish potential Indemnity and Fraud concerns and complete necessary enquiries / referrals
- Identify potential Indemnity and Fraud concerns within the claims
- Assist in resolving complaints, both verbal and written
- Identify potential high value property damage claims and carry out initial investigations
- Deal with TP Insurance Companies, Claimant Lawyers and other external services providers in order to broker a good working relationship
- Assist in carrying out quality checks on Handlers (CQRS)
- Cost recovery and negotiation payment plans for recovery
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience in litigation
- Coaching and development experience is desirable
- Good claims handling knowledge in respect of TP Claims processes
- Able to manage own workload and achieve agreed plans and KPI’s
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- An understanding of industry standards and protocols
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Work well as part of an established team full of friendly and helpful colleagues
What we can offer you…
- 22 days holiday rising to a max of 27 days with each year of service
- Flexible working – there are core hours, however we can offer you flexibility; you can also accrue an extra 13 days holiday per year through our flexible working scheme. Building your up your holidays, anywhere from 35-40 days per year!
- Bonus – a quarterly bonus will be paid if you meet and excel KPI targets, this uplifts salary by a potential 10% per annum!
Who we are
At Somerset Bridge we aim to build a sustainable and innovative business focused on underwriting, broking and claims handling of UK motor insurance, offering transparent products and an efficient and fair service to our policyholders.
If you think you have the potential to be a great addition to the team here in Newcastle, please submit your application for consideration.