The Actuarial Reserving, Reinsurance and Solvency team have a fantastic opportunity for an Actuarial Analyst, either based in our Bristol office or remotely.
You will be involved in capital modelling and reporting for Solvency II regulations, as well as some involvement in related areas such as Reserving.
This role will give you a fantastic experience opportunity to understand the overall business finances and strategies to help maintain financial health in an insurance company.
The team forms part of a larger function which includes statistical, actuarial, product management and management information, and also works closely alongside the Finance function.
- Responsibility for maintenance, update and further development of the SII standard formula solvency model.
- Responsibility for actuarial components of the quarterly and annual regulatory submissions.
- Interaction with Finance dept, GFSC regulators and external SII consultants as well as Actuarial dept.
- Involvement with interpretation and communication of solvency model understanding.
- Assist Actuarial Function Holder with Actuarial Function Holder Report and related investigations.
- Assist with some aspects of Reserving and Reinsurance.
You’ll have the following skills & experience:
- Solvency II/Capital Modelling/Standard Formula
- Actuarial or statistical experience
- Financial services / insurance industry
- Communication / planning skills / team player
We would welcome any candidates with experience in SAS, ResQ or Invoke, these are beneficial but not essential requirements for this opportunity.
Our full actuarial study package will be discussed at interview, although candidates that do not wish to study for the actuarial qualification are also encouraged to apply.
Who We Are
We operate within an MGA structure that shares risk amongst a panel of reinsurance and partners with entities that include insurance, underwriting, and claims handling specialists. Most of our motor insurance policies sold are 5* rated by Defaqto and are sold via our Broker partners. We are part of a wider group of insurance-based businesses.